Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 - 20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 - 30 Minutes
Yield: 5 - 6 People
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can Ortega Green Chiles
- 1 packet Ortega Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 box uncooked large pasta shells
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat a large pot on medium-high heat and add oil. Next, brown the ground beef, then add red bell pepper, onion, garlic, Ortega Green Chiles, and Ortega Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning.
- Cook down the veggies until translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Then add pasta shells, beef broth, water and cheese.
- Simmer together until the pasta is cooked, about 10-12 minutes and the liquid has reduced by 3/4.
- Serve hot topped with chopped parsley.