- This creamy beef and noodle dish is perked up with green chiles, taco seasoning and tomatoes.
- 12 oz extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cup water
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 can Mild Diced Green Chiles
- 1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 cup dried elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- Cook beef in a large skillet, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes with juice, chiles and seasoning mix. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add pasta; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cover; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.