Yield: 8 to 10
- These easy tacos deliver all the spiciness, cheesiness and crunch of jalapeño poppers in a taco.
- 8 slice bacon
- 1 can Ortega Hot Diced Jalapeños
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 18 ct Yellow Corn Taco Shells
- 2 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bottle Medium Taco Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two baking pans with foil. Put the bacon on one pan and put in the oven. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, mix the jalapeños, cream cheese and cheese until well-blended. Divide among the taco shells and gently spread on the bottom. Put them on the other prepared pan.
- Bake until the cheese mixture is hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Break the bacon strips in half and put one in each taco. Top with the lettuce, tomatoes and taco sauce. Serve immediately.