- Make Ortega's Authentic Mexican Rice with Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix, Fire Roasted Diced Green Chilies, rice and some seasonal ingredients.
- Rinse the rice in a mesh strainer until water draining is clear.
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and chiles. Saute for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes.
Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and chicken stock and cover.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to low heat. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Remove the cover and let rest for 2 minutes, fluff with a fork before serving.