Black Bean Soup
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 8
- Whip up a batch of Black Bean Soup for an easy weeknight meal.
- Three 15-oz. can Black Beans
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar Homestyle Mild Salsa
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Place undrained beans and chicken broth in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add bean mixture, salsa, lime juice, cumin and red pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of yogurt. Garnish with chopped red onion and fresh cilantro, if desired.
Fresh lime, cilantro, and veggies combine to make a vibrant toppings bar your family will love.