Crispy Quesadilla Lunch Wrap
- Create this handheld, crunchy quesadilla wrap right at home!
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet Ortega Original Taco Seasoning Mix Packet
- 4 Ortega Flour Tortillas
- 2 Ortega Tostada Shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, combine ground beef, seasoning mix, and a splash of water. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Remove meat to a bowl and set aside. Drain fat and wipe skillet clean.
- Stack 2 large flour tortillas and place a tostada shell in the center. Using a small knife, trace around edges of shell to cut 2 smaller flour tortilla rounds.
- Add a scoop of ground beef to the center of remaining 2 large flour tortillas, leaving a generous border for folding. Add a handful of cheese, then place a tostada shell on top.
- Spread sour cream over each shell, then top with lettuce, tomato, and additional cheese.
- Place smaller flour tortilla cutouts on top and tightly fold edges of large tortilla toward the center, creating pleats. Quickly invert the wraps so pleats are on the bottom and they stay together.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add wrap seam-side down and cook until tortilla is golden, 3 minutes per side.