Chilaquiles Breakfast Casserole
- This is a one-pan, savory, Mexican casserole that will satisfy your crew for breakfast or dinner. Credit: allrecipes
- 1 lb mild breakfast sausage
- 1 can Mild Diced Green Chiles
- 2 bottle Mild Taco Sauce
- 2 box Yellow Corn Taco Shells
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: diced or quartered tomatoes, avocado, thinly sliced radish, quick pickled red onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a 12” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking apart into bite sized pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned all over and no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add diced green chiles, taco sauce, 1/2 cup water and crunchy taco shell pieces. Stir well to combine. Remove skillet from heat.
- Make 6 wells, spaced evenly apart, in the tortilla mixture. Add 1 egg to each well. Top skillet with cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for 14 – 17 minutes, until whites around egg yolks are set. Serve immediately with toppings, as desired
QUICK-PICKLED RED ONIONS
- In a glass jar, combine 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar. Microwave on high for 1 minute, then stir well to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Add 1 cup thinly sliced red onion. Cover and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Use chicken broth or stock in place of water if desired.