- So much tastier than the plain out-of-a-box cornbread. Taste the onions, jalapenos and cheese in every bite.
- 3c. cornbread mix
- 2 ½c. 2% milk
- ½c. vegetable oil
- 3tbsp. sugar
- 1c. canned corn, drained
- 1 ½c. grated cheddar cheese
- 1onion, grated and peeled
- ¼c. Ortega® Hot Diced Jalapeños
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine cornbread mix, milk, oil, eggs, sugar, corn, cheddar cheese, onion, jalapeno and garlic.
- Pour into a greased 8x8x2-inch pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Great when served alongside a hot bowl of chili.