Barbacoa Street Tacos
- Experience the amazing taste of street tacos at home. These Barbacoa tacos match perfectly with Ortega Street Taco Sauce Asada 3 Chile and Garlic for a flavorful taco-night.
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can Ortega Fire Roasted Mild Diced Green Chiles
- 2 chipotles in adobo, diced
- 1 package Ortega Street Taco Barbacoa Crockpot Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 bay leaves
- Serrano peppers
- Cotija cheese
- Red onion
- Ortega Street Taco Sauce Asada 3 Chile and Garlic
- Cut the chuck roast into 4 pieces to help it cook evenly.
- Place chuck roast in Crockpot slow cooker.
- Combine onions, garlic, green chilies, chipotles, water and seasoning mix and pour over beef.
- Whisk together beef broth, vinegar, lime zest and lime juice in a small bowl, and pour broth mixture over ingredients in slow cooker. Add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours. Cooked beef should be tender and should fall apart easily when shredded with a fork.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and transfer to a cutting board.
- Using two forks, or shredder claws, shred the beef into bite size pieces.
- Transfer shredded beef back into the slow cooker; stir everything together until completely incorporated.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and garnishes in Ortega taco shells or tortillas.