Fried Avocado Tacos
- Perfectly crispy Avocado, laid inside Ortega Flour Tortillas, Red Cabbage, and topped with your fave ingredients.
- 2 avocados, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten in a bowl
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 cups Crisco All Vegetable Shortening
- 3 Ortega Flour Tortillas
- 1 white onion, chopped finely
- 1 can Green Giant Whole Kernel Sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet Ortega Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese
- 2 limes, quartered
- In separate bowls, place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Heat shortening in a large pot to 360 degrees.
- Dip avocado pieces in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs. Fry to a golden brown, then remove and place on a paper towel to soak up extra oil.
- In a large pan over high heat, add olive oil. Add corn and taco seasoning and cook for 5-8 minutes, until it begins to char.
- Assemble tacos by adding avocado, cabbage, onion, corn, cilantro, cheese, and lime juice.