- Flour tortillas replace traditional lasagna noodles in this south-of-the-border-inspired casserole. Finish it off with a crisp Caesar salad.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 2 small green or red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can Mild Diced Green Chiles
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 jar Medium Taco Sauce
- 10 fajita-size flour tortillas, divided
- 2 cup shredded Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Stir in bell peppers, onion, chiles and seasoning mix. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Spread 1/2 cup taco sauce onto bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with 5 tortillas.
- Spread with half of chicken mixture and another 1/2 cup taco sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.