Yield: 4 bowls
- Pile skirt steak and sautéed peppers on rice for your own make-at-home burrito bowl.
- 1 Bakeable Tortilla Bowl Kit
- 1/2 packet Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 package instant rice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 cup green leaf lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- Mild Green Taco Sauce
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook skirt steak on each side for 5 minutes.
- Remove steak from pan and let rest.
- Slice steak into strips when cooled.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Sauté red and yellow peppers until cooked through.
- Prepare instant rice as directed on package.
- Add a squeeze of lime and half of the taco seasoning packet to rice when cooked. Stir to combine.
- Prepare tortilla bowl as directed on package.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with rice, shredded lettuce, sliced steak and peppers.
- Top with diced avocado, corn and cotija cheese.
- Finish with taco sauce.